Follow our step-by-step guide to become part of the most comprehensive science communication program in North America! For more information or advice about applying to the program process please contact the Director of the program, Dr. Chantal Barriault (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application Deadline: March 31, 2017.
- Notify Chantal Barriault (email@example.com) of your intent to apply
- Set up a Graduate Studies Application account on Laurentian University's Website
- Prepare and collect all your application materials
See the Application Checklist for descriptions of supporting document:
- Application for Admission Form (Completed Online)
- 2 copies of sealed official transcripts*
- Contact Information
- Personal statement of interest
- Evidence of science background
- Evidence of communication ability
- Proof of language proficiency (if needed)
- Three Appraisal Forms sent to referees**
*Ontario students may send e-transcripts through the Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC). Applicants who have attended postsecondary institutions outside North America must have their foreign transcripts assessed by World Education Services (WES). We require a WES Credential Evaluation Report, including a Course-by-Course Analysis. WES evaluations must be sent directly to the Office of Admissions directly from WES and received by the application deadline.
**Instruct referees to directly return forms to the LU Admissions office
- Submit your application
- Use the Application Checklist to ensure all the required documents have been collected or arranged to be sent to the Office of Admissions
- Submit application online
- Submit a copy of the application form and supporting documents to Laurentian University:
The Office of Admissions,
935, Ramsey Lake Road,
Ontario P3E 2C6
- Work showing evidence of communication ability may be sent separately to Chantal Barriault at Laurentian University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Follow online instructions to pay the $60 CDN application fee to the OUAC.
Consideration of the Application
When the Admission Form, its accompanying information, and the Appraisal Forms have been received by the Admissions Office, the Science Communication program team will consider each file and decide whether to recommend acceptance to the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies and Research. An Admission Letter will then be sent from the Dean to successful applicants.